As a leading force in multi-temperature logistics for the food industry – and a family run firm with family values – we take our CSR responsibilities seriously.
We make sure our business runs in accordance with the highest ethical, professional and legal standards, always abiding by the laws that govern our industry. We take a fair, open and respectful approach to all companies we deal with, ensuring that competition is always based on true value and quality.
Ethics and Ethical trading
An end-to-end policy of transparency across the whole supply chain enables us to see where products are moved to and from. Key team members are trained in the social and environmental issues around logistics supply chains. Driving all of this is a strict adherence to standards governing human rights and the behaviour of everyone in the company when it comes to the workplace, workers’ welfare and labour conditions.
Care for the environment
We actively seek to minimise waste and reduce toxic emissions by evaluating operations and addressing fleet performance. Recycling is carried out as a matter of course, both internally and on behalf of customers and suppliers. An accredited system is used to monitor and reduce greenhouse gases produced as a result of our business.
For further details please see our Sustainability page.
Moran Logistics fully comply with all applicable GDPR legislation, and we believe that user privacy and data protection are human rights, so we have a duty of care to all individuals within our data. We only ever collect and process data when it is absolutely essential for the proper functioning of our business. You can be confident that any data you share with us is safe and that we will never sell, rent, or otherwise distribute or make public any personal information.
We like to talk to our customers, and we ask everyone to appropriately opt-in to our communications. We loathe spam as much as you do!
Our full GDPR policy is available here.
Driving up standards
Our management systems help us foresee risks and improve our business operations and services. We continually review our processes to drive our continuous improvements.
- Robust quality procedures in place that include all CCP from HACCP and BRC standards ensures the product is stored and distributed to the highest standard
- Quarantine procedures ensures that any product that arrives at depot to an unsatisfactory standard is segregated for investigation
- Products which are recalled by the customer can be traced within a two-hour threshold, any products can then be isolated and contained.
Health & Safety
We recognise our duties under current health and safety legislation and we will always endeavour to meet the requirements of this legislation and maintain a safe and healthy working environment.
- An efficient and pragmatic programme of health and safety management
- A safe and healthy environment within which everyone can operate
- To protect our employees, contractors and visitors from harm
- A robust health and safety culture across the business
- We rank health and safety as our primary business objective, ahead of all other commercial considerations by “driving safety together”
We are fully committed to reducing our carbon footprint. See our Sustainability page for some of our initiatives and working practices.
- Minimising waste through continuous evaluation of operational efficiency.
- Minimising toxic emissions through the selection and use of our fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promoting recycling both internally and amongst our customers and suppliers. Sharing ideas for best-practice.
- Actively using an accredited program and associated technology to monitor and reduce the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.
We are fortunate to work with some world-class customers, here at Moran, so are own operations need to echo their exacting standards of quality. We continually ensure our reporting is of the highest standard and that we tackle any challenges raised quickly and efficiently, driving a culture of continuous improvement, and limiting any necessity for corrective action. A key part of that continuous improvement comes from our rigorous QHES internal auditing processes. Again, to ensure sites are compliant with BRCGS & H&S standards, there is a lot of team working and fastidious data analysis