\\ Corporate Social Responsibility
As a leading force in multi-temperature logistics for the food industry – and a family run firm with family values – we take our CSR responsibilities seriously.
We make sure our business runs in accordance with the highest ethical, professional and legal standards, always abiding by the laws that govern our industry. We take a fair, open and respectful approach to all companies we deal with, ensuring that competition is always based on true value and quality.
Care for the environment
We actively seek to minimise waste and reduce toxic emissions by evaluating operations and addressing fleet performance. Recycling is carried out as a matter of course both internally and on behalf of customers and suppliers. The ranges we promote are sourced to minimise environmental impact during production and distribution. An accredited system is used to monitor and reduce greenhouse gases produced as a result of our business.
Working with key partners we use sustainability to drive efficiencies in the business to create a win-win situation for our customers.
Ethics and Ethical trading
An end-to-end policy of transparency across the whole supply chain enables us to see where products are moved to and from. Key team members are trained in the social and environmental issues around logistics supply chains. Driving all of this is a strict adherence to standards governing human rights and the behaviour of everyone in the company when it comes to the workplace, workers’ welfare and labour conditions.
\\ Driving up standards for safety, environment, health and quality
Our mission is to provide the highest quality and service of the highest standards to our customers, while operating in an environmentally responsible and sustainable manner.
QEHS (Quality, Environmental, Health and Safety) remains a top priority and core value in the way we operate.
Regular meetings carried out to evaluate and implement the controls in relation to the following;
- Actions from previous management review meetings
- Results of internal, customer and external audits, customer performance indicators, complaints and feedback
- Product rejections/ returns wastage and resultant corrective and preventative action plans
- Feedback from reviews of the hazard and risk analysis system
- Resource requirements
- Compliance to the BRC Global standard for storage and distribution
Health & Safety
We recognise our duties under current health and safety legislation and we will endeavour to meet the requirements of this legislation and maintain a safe and healthy working environment. Our Managers and Supervisors are informed of their responsibilities to ensure they take all reasonable precautions, to ensure the safety, health and welfare of those that are likely to be affected by the operation of our business.
Our management systems help us foresee risks and improve our business operations and services.
The key points;
- Robust quality procedures in place that include all CCP from HACCP and BRC standards ensures the product is stored and distributed to the highest standard
- Quarantine procedures ensures that any product that arrives at depot to an unsatisfactory standard is segregated for investigation
- Products which are recalled by the customer can be traced within a four-hour threshold, any products can then be isolated and contained.
We are fully committed to reducing our carbon footprint. Working closely with UK retail customers, we design and deliver ambient double deck trailers to support the reduction of carbon emissions. By optimizing use our network, we reduce occurrences of trailers being empty post-delivery.
The key points;
- Minimising waste by evaluating operations and ensuring they are as efficient as possible.
- Minimising toxic emissions through the selection and use of its fleet and the source of its power requirement.
- Actively promoting recycling both internally and amongst its customers and suppliers.
- Sourcing and promoting range to minimize the environmental impact of both production and distribution.
- Actively using an accredited program to monitor and ultimately reduce the greenhouse gas emissions generated by our activities.