Moran Logistics are a dynamic and growing business within the chilled distribution arena who work with customers to provide tailor made, cost effective distribution solutions. As a business we are passionate about our customers and value our people, their importance and engagement in making our business a success.
We currently have a vacancy for a Warehouse Stock Controller at our Leeds site, working in a chilled warehouse, the shift pattern for this role is nights 4 on 4 off, working 18:00 – 06:00 offering a competitive salary, 20 days holiday and a company pension scheme. Uniform is also provided.
Reporting directly to the Warehouse Shift Manager this role is responsible for supervising and co-ordinating activities within the Stocks team to ensure stock is accurately recorded and maintained at all times. To assist the Warehouse Manager in their duties to ensure service level agreements are achieved. The job holder will utilise resources to their full potential to ensure that deliveries leave in a timely manner, and in full, to meet customer deadlines.
- To control and report inventory and highlight risks to service.
- To control all inbound/outbound loads and report any discrepancies as per the non-conformance procedure.
- To ensure stock cycle count is completed and maintain stock levels/rotation on site.
- To be responsible for system reconciliation.
- To ensure a high level of stock housekeeping is maintained at all times.
- To undertake root cause analysis and identify corrective action.
- To work efficiently to agreed timescales.
- To ensure all paperwork is maintained and filed for auditing purposes.
- To prepare daily, weekly and monthly reports as required by Management.
- To work in close liaison with the Transport team.
- To communicate to other key sites and personnel to ensure stock availability and the relevant information is accurate at all times.
- To ensure the Stock Clerk is carrying out his duties and assist as and when necessary.
- To be responsible for the training of new and existing members of the stock control team, including ensuring that Stock Clerks are able to act up into the Controller’s role in his/her absence.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse and distribution environment.
- Previous experience of stock supervision/stock control.
- Strong working knowledge of stock control and stock control systems/warehouse management systems.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A good accuracy level is essential.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team as required.