Moran Logistics are a dynamic and growing business within the chilled distribution arena who work with customers to provide tailor made, cost effective distribution solutions. As a business we are passionate about our customers and value our people, their importance and engagement in making our business a success.
We currently have a number of vacancies for Warehouse Operatives at our Leeds site, working in a chilled warehouse, variety of shift patterns and hours available, offering a competitive salary and a company pension scheme. Uniform is also provided.
Reporting directly to the Warehouse Shift Manager this role is responsible for the efficient and effective management of the chilled warehouse and the team within this area ensuring all the operational requirements are met and the team are managed in line with company policy and procedure.
- To ensure orders are picked accurately.
- To ensure goods-in are receipted in accordance with policy.
- Ensure all loads are checked and completed in full prior to despatch.
- Ensure all loads are secure prior to despatch.
- To ensure stock rotation is maintained at all times.
- To manually load and unload trailers.
- To confirm all inbound and outbound loads are accurate. To report any discrepancies to the Warehouse Shift Manager.
- To assist with stock cycle count.
- To ensure all paperwork is completed accurately.
- To work efficiently to agreed timescales.
- To ensure you follow safe working practices.
- To promptly report all accidents and incidents to your line manager.
- To assist in accident investigations as necessary.
- To ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained.
- To adhere to relevant site rules, QEHS policies and procedures including quality procedures, HACCP, safe systems of work and environmental controls.
- To maintain high levels of site hygiene standards in accordance with company procedures.
- To listen carefully to instructions.
- To keep your Shift Manager up to date with any work issues that may affect deadlines.
- To communicate to your line manager issues that could impact the business.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience of working in a warehouse and distribution environment.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A good accuracy level is essential.
- Good numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team as required.
Various Shifts available
3x Night Warehouse Operative 4 on 4 off 18:00 – 06:00
2x Day Shift Warehouse Operative 4 on 4 off 06:00 – 18:00
1x Day Shift Warehouse Operative Sun – Thu 07:00 – 15:00