Moran Logistics are a dynamic and growing business within the chilled distribution sector, who work with customers to provide tailor made, cost effective distribution solutions. As a business we are passionate about our customers and value our people, their importance and engagement in making our business a success.
We are currently looking for a Transport Administrator, working day shift at our Bristol depot. Working 4 on and 4 off, offering a competitive salary, 20 days holiday and a company pension scheme. Uniform is also provided.
The role of Transport Administrator is to take control of all office admin, support the management team to provide exceptional customer service and monitor driver’s performance throughout the day/on return. This is a key role within the business to capture information to manage our operations and to strive to constantly improve our service offering. There is also an expectation that the successful candidate covers the office at times, when management are not on shift and are able to make informed decisions.
- Responsible for briefing the Drivers at the beginning and the end of the shifts about their planned run for the day and ensuring they have the correct paperwork for the shift.
- Ensuring Drivers are legally compliant and working in line with company policies and procedures.
- Liaising with our Customer Service and Planning departments as required to ensure drivers understand any changes or requirements from the customer.
- Collating and recording information about vehicle defects and where necessary, liaising with the transport team in ensuring these are reported using the correct procedure and are resolved.
- Supporting the Transport Shift Manager in processing holidays, sickness and any other absence to assist with maintaining the correct driver levels to meet the customer needs and ensure all runs are covered.
- Dealing with telephone queries and assisting as applicable or passing on the information to the appropriate individual.
- Working with computer packages including Word, Excel, Microlise and Tacho Master.
- Ensuring the administration is kept up to date all at times and that all information is recorded as it is required to be.
- Support management team with analysis to aid decision making.
- Extract information from drivers to aid service improvements.
- Cover office at times of no management cover and be able to make balanced decisions.
You must have:
- Excellent communication and decision-making skills.
- Good attention to detail.
- Good organisation skills.
- Be computer literate.
- Be customer focused.
- Experience of working in a Logistics/Distribution environment would be advantageous.
- A knowledge of transport legislation/working time legislation would be advantageous.