Moran Logistics are a dynamic and growing business within the chilled distribution sector, who work with customers to provide tailor made, cost effective distribution solutions. As a business we are passionate about our customers and value our people, their importance and engagement in making our business a success.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Transport Administrator working at our Leeds site. Reporting directly to the Transport Manager, working 40 hours per week, offering competitive salary, 28 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays and a company pension scheme.
The purpose of this role is to undertake a variety of generalist, administrative duties to provide support to the Transport Depot. It is also responsible for ensuring the company provides excellent service levels in order to deliver market leading levels to all our customers and that customer service levels are monitored and reviewed, and this is fed back to the senior team within the business.
- Supporting the transport department in the day to day administration of the department and ensuring all data inputted into the correct documents, on time and accurately
- Ensuring accurate and timely information regarding service-related events/issues are reported using the service reports
- To liaise proactively with the customer to keep them fully informed at all times regarding expected delivery times.
- To answer customer queries on a daily basis regarding their deliveries.
- To build excellent working relationships with customers.
- To populate excel databases with information from the microlise system and any updated information from the Transport Depots.
- To maintain and file all records in accordance with company procedure.
- To accurately input hours of work for depot staff.
- To liaise with De-Briefer to ensure all Proof of Deliveries have been scanned, e-mailed/sent to the correct depot.
- Ensuring Agency and Moran wagebook for drivers is completed in timely manner
- To seek management authority to check the hours inputted.
- Raising purchase order as and when required by management
- Managing and keeping up to date with driver holidays
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Must have previous customer service experience.
- Experience of working in a transport or distribution environment is highly advantageous.
- Able to use Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Outlook proficiently.
- Previous experience of microlise would be advantageous, but training will be given.
- Well organised with an acute attention to detail.
- Must have excellent communication skills and a confident telephone manner.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A good accuracy level is essential.
- Being polite and courteous.