We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Quality & Compliance Manager working at our Castle Donington Site. Reporting directly to the Operations Director. The role works days, working 40 hours offering competitive salary, 28 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays and a company pension scheme.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the company’s policies, procedures and documentation are in line with regulatory and ethical standards and are followed by all management teams and colleagues, raising any risks to the Operations Director. Control and, where appropriate conduct, audits and make recommendations that will minimise the company’s exposure due to non-compliance issues.
To drive and develop initiatives that will improve the sustainability credentials of the company, and to work with the management teams to drive continuous improvement in key areas associated with legal and operational compliance.
Quality & Compliance:
- Responsible for managing the legal compliance for the business to ensure that our operations are always legal, compliant and fit for purpose.
- Responsible for ensuring any non-compliance is highlighted, investigations are completed and any changes are communicated to the sites or senior team as required.
- Collating and issuing out accurate reports and KPIs to sites in a timely manner, creating a continuous improvement environment.
- Support all new business projects, to ensure that operations are legal and compliant from the concept stage, through to implementation.
- Work with the Commercial Team on business accreditations, showcasing compliance standards and supporting award entries.
- Arranging and chairing Quality & Compliance meetings which meet the company and legal requirements and contribute to company strategy.
- Ensuring all quality, compliance and environmental risks are reduced through ongoing monitoring, control and supervision.
- Provide management information to the Operations Director and Management team as required.
- Work with the Operations Director on the formulation of Quality & Compliance policies, objectives and targets for the business
- Provide management information and feedback to department staff to ensure all employees are fully informed about any quality, compliance and legislation changes.
- To drive a zero-tolerance culture towards non-conformance with audit recommendation and support preventative actions to avoid repeat offence.
- Responsible for managing all internal and external legal compliance and quality audits, ensuring they are completed in a timely manner, documentation completed, and any feedback managed as required.
- To manage, in conjunction with the senior operations managers, strategic procurement processes
- Stays informed about environmental standards and makes sure the company operates within those standards.
- Manage sustainability program for the business, ensuring plans in line with customer objectives.
- Support the business by advising on new and innovative ways of saving cost and reducing carbon footprint.
- Responsible for supplying the data to the FTA in relation to the Carbon Reduction Scheme.
- Requirement to collate data on sustainability initiatives to support customer meetings and internal decision making.
- Senior Management Team
- Transport and Warehouse teams
- Commercial & Customer Experience Team
- H&S and Fleet Managers
- Finance, Admin and HR teams
- Customers at all levels
- External auditors
- Legal bodies
- To have excellent communication skills and ability to liaise verbally confidently with employees and customers at all levels.
- To listen carefully to instructions.
- To keep Line Manager up to date with any work issues that may affect deadlines.
- Must have an approachable and professional demeanor.
Flexibility and Ad-Hoc:
- To be flexible to work on a variety of duties as required.
- To carry out any other task that is reasonable and within your skill set as business needs dictate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- At least 3 years’ experience within a logistics environment working in Quality / Compliance / Environmental / Health and Safety in the FMCG sector.
- Ability to evaluate information quickly, identify key issues and formulate conclusions based on sound, practice judgement, experience and common sense.
- Able to use Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and PowerPoint and use to produce, present and maintain data spreadsheets incorporating graphs and formulas.
- Well organised with an acute attention to detail.
- Able to work with minimum supervision.
- Display a positive “can do” attitude and have high levels of personal integrity.
|Salary||£35,000 - 40,000|