We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Purchase Ledger Administrator working at our Castle Donington Site Reporting directly to the Financial Controller. The role works days, working 40 hours, offering competitive salary, 28 days holiday, inclusive of bank holidays and a company pension scheme.
Working within the Finance Department this role is responsible for the processing of purchase invoices, ensuring these are processed in a timely manner and in line with the appropriate VAT treatment and required payment dates and that these are accurately recorded on the finance systems.
The job holder will also undertake a variety of related administrative duties to provide accurate and timely information for the periodical accounts preparation.
• Responsible for ensuring that purchase invoices are processed correctly on the accounting system and payments can be made to suppliers in a timely manner
• Ensuring Invoices are logged on the finance systems
• Completing Purchase Order matching
• Completing Supplier statement reconciliations
• Dealing with any queries, ensuring these are dealt with in line with the company procedure and are resolved in a timely manner as much as possible
• Ensuring company information is up to date for audit purposes.
• Any other ad hoc duties as and when required.
Health & Safety:
• To ensure you follow safe working practices.
• To promptly report all accidents and incidents to your line manager.
• To assist in accident investigations as necessary.
• To ensure that housekeeping standards are maintained.
• To adhere to relevant site rules, QEHS policies and procedures including quality procedures, HACCP, safe systems of work and environmental controls.
• To maintain high levels of site hygiene standards in accordance with company procedures.
• To have excellent communication skills and ability to liaise verbally confidently with employees and suppliers at all levels.
• To listen carefully to instructions.
• To keep your Manager up to date with any work issues that may affect deadlines.
Flexibility and Ad-Hoc:
• To be flexible to work on a variety of duties as required.
• To carry out any other task that is reasonable and within your skill set as business needs dictate.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
• Experience of working within a Finance Department
• High level of order processing experience and working with an accounts system
• Must be able to use Word, Excel and Outlook and be able to create and manipulate spreadsheets
• Ability to listen to and follow instructions.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• A good accuracy level is essential.
• Good numeracy and literacy.
• Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
• Being polite and courteous.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £17,500.00-£19,000.00 per year
|Salary||£17,500 - £19,000|