We currently have an exciting opportunity to join our team within our flagship Head Office in Castle Donington, reporting directly to Transport Planning Manager, working 4 on 4 off, offering a competitive salary, 20 days holiday and a company pension scheme. Uniform is also provided.
The purpose of this role is to ensure all collections/ deliveries are planned for the customer, ensuring customer requirements are met and all additional work is built into the required routes and plans.
• Responsible for ensuring the provisional plan is set up and issued to all sites and the final plan confirmed in a timely manner on any day.
• Ensuring all booking references are obtained from customers and entered onto the plan
• Responsible for the planning of all additional routes and other work which is required to support the operation across all sites.
• On a daily basis, ensuring all routes on the daily schedule are checked ensuring additional work is booked in and any changes to make routes/deliveries more efficient, such as combining routes to fill empty running, saving drivers, nights out is reviewed and changes made as needed.
• Dealing with site queries in relation to planning issues.
• Making any amendments to the plan on a day to day basis due to a change in customer requirements or at the request of sites to assist with managing deliveries to all customers.
• Ensure all internal customers are advised of any changes to the base plan or the schedule and that these changes are clearly communicated.
• Liaising on a daily basis with customer to secure backhaul loads and ensure required changes are made as needed.
• Assisting with the planning of new work, changing routes and investigating ways in which we can improve the network, improve efficiency and make cost savings for the business.
• Working with internal customers to support them in dealing with planning issues and how to work together to resolve them.
• Supporting the department with ad hoc and project work as required.
• Any other duties as required.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
• Must have previous transport/logistics experience
• Experience of working in a transport planning environment is highly advantageous.
• Able to use Microsoft packages including Excel, Word and Outlook proficiently.
• Previous experience of working with a Transport Management System
• Previous experience of microlise would be advantageous, but training will be given.
• Well organised with an acute attention to detail.
• Must have excellent communication skills and a confident telephone manner.
• Must have a tenacious outlook.
• Able to work with minimum supervision.