The Operations Director will strategically lead, oversee the day-to-day activities of the company at the direction of the MD and execute performance for the organisation’s area in line with overall strategy and goals.
The Operations Director will implement new processes that contribute toward the efficient operation and alignment of supportive of innovation and growth of the business, they must understand the overall business climate, current industry trends, and the competition’s capabilities and placement within the Logistics & Warehousing industry.
Key challenges include being responsible for the overall strategies, structure, and processes to achieve defined business objectives, and recommending new strategies.
As Moran continues to grow, we are looking for a roll-up-the-sleeves type of person who can join our team as we take our company to the next level.
In this new strategic and hands-on role, our Operations Director will lead, plan, manage, organise, direct, and influence the activities of the operations department. Key responsibilities will include overseeing and leading all department functions Logistics, Warehouses, Central Planning, and Legal Compliance Nationally across all our sites.
This is a great opportunity to have an immediate impact.
- 10+ years of related senior operations management experience within the Logistics & Warehousing industry.
- Solid background and demonstrated ability to bring together a diverse team.
- Strong Leadership and Communication skills.
- Ability to contribute to setting and achieving budgets and KPI’s.
- Hands on approach with a solution-based approach.
- Proven track record of success and results.
- Highly effective in building and maintaining customer and associate relationships.
- Strong analytical, forecasting, demonstrates adaptability and flexibility to changing priorities, deadlines, demands and assignments while maintaining cohesive and harmonious client
- Optimises customer satisfaction/loyalty through improved operations management.
- Planning and monitoring the day-to-day running of business to ensure smooth progress.
- Ensuring financial targets and other agreed targets are met in all departments.
- Reviewing working practices to ascertain if it is successful and if not, devise an alternative.
- Keeping Employees motivated and organising appropriate training.
- Ensuring the business operates to the company mission statement.
- Investigating customer satisfaction and reporting any issues.
- Working with department heads and senior management to get the best performance from our employee’s
- Driving the business to increase profits.
- Reviewing and approving equipment needs.
- Competitive Salary, Car allowance, company pension scheme
How to apply:
If you believe you possess the necessary skills and experience and have the drive and passion to be successful in this new and exciting opportunity, please apply in writing enclosing a current CV to: [email protected]