We are currently looking for an onsite Mechanic, working 4 on 4 off 17.00- 05.00 shift pattern, offering a £40,000 salary, and a company pension scheme, PPE supplied.
Reporting directly to the National Fleet Manager this role is responsible for ensuring all fleet vehicles are in a road worth condition and that service operations are maintained by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
Also ensuring full compliance with company policies and procedures and any legal requirements at all times.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of company vehicles
- Ensuring the daily control and monitoring of driver defects, ensuring the fleet is legally compliant
- Responsible for ensuring preventative maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, wheel balancing and replacing filters, is kept up to date on fleet vehicles
- Maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complying with any legal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and any control standards.
- Responsible for maintaining vehicle records by recording service and repairs in line with company policies and procedures and legal requirements
- Keeping company fleet vehicles operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Maintaining fleet costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Advise your line Manager and relevant Transport Manager of work required to ensure vehicle is in a road worthy condition
- Understand and adhere to the company policy and procedures
- Support the fleet team as required
- Proactive approach to preventative maintenance.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Full UK driving license
- Must have a relevant technical motor mechanic qualification
- A demonstrable understanding of vehicle maintenance practices and procedures
- Full LGV license would be advantageous.
- Be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of current health and safety, Environmental and Road Transport legislation.
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A good accuracy level is essential.
- Good numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team as required.
- Organise own workload and have ability to balance priorities.
- Taillift and fridge maintenance experience would be advantageous.
- Strong negotiator/ Challenging nature.
- Previous experience dealing with Daf/man desirable
- Financially conscious.
- FLEXIBILITY AND AD – HOC
- To be flexible to cover sickness and holidays, as necessary.
- To carry out any other task that is reasonable and within your skill set as business needs dictate.