We are currently looking for an onsite Maintenance Fitter, working 45 hours per week on a flexible shift pattern, offering a competitive salary and a company pension scheme. Uniform is also provided.
Reporting directly to the Fleet Engineer this role is responsible for ensuring all fleet vehicles are in a road worth condition and that service operations are maintained by inspecting and maintaining vehicles.
Also ensuring full compliance with company policies and procedures and any legal requirements at all times.
- Responsible for the maintenance and repair of company vehicles
- Ensuring the daily control and monitoring of driver defects, ensuring the fleet is legally compliant
- Responsible for ensuring preventative maintenance such as, engine tune-ups, oil changes, tyre rotation and changes, wheel balancing and replacing filters, is kept up to date on fleet vehicles
- Maintaining vehicle functional condition by listening to operator complaints; conducting inspections; repairing engine failures; repairing mechanical and electrical systems malfunctions; replacing parts and components; repairing body damage.
- Verifying vehicle serviceability by conducting test drives; adjusting controls and systems.
- Complying with any legal vehicle requirements by testing engine, safety, and any control standards.
- Responsible for maintaining vehicle records by recording service and repairs in line with company policies and procedures and legal requirements
- Keeping company fleet vehicles operating by following operating instructions; troubleshooting breakdowns; maintaining supplies; performing preventive maintenance and calling for repairs.
- Maintaining fleet costs by using warranty; evaluating service and parts options.
- Keeping supplies ready by inventorying stock; placing orders and verifying receipt.
- Advise the Fleet Engineer and relevant Transport Manager of work required to ensure vehicle is in a road worthy condition
- Understand and adhere to the company policy and procedures
- Responding to out of hours calls as required
- Supporting the site Transport Manager in the purchasing of tyres ensuring availability for fleet requirements at all times
- Ensuring the fleet costs and tyre spend is controlled
- Support the fleet team as required
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Full UK driving license
- Must have a relevant technical motor mechanic qualification
- A demonstrable understanding of vehicle maintenance practices and procedures
- Full LGV licence would be advantageous
- Be able to demonstrate a good working knowledge of current health and safety, Environmental and Road Transport legislation
- Good communication and listening skills.
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions.
- Ability to work to deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- A good accuracy level is essential.
- Good numeracy and literacy.
- Ability to work alone or as part of a team as required.