We have an exciting opportunity for proactive HR Advisor to join our team. In this extremely important HR role, you will be responsible for providing a comprehensive HR support for line managers, colleagues and sites on a full range of Human Resource issues. The role will be based at our Head Office in Castle Donington, but you must be willing to travel to Company sites Nationwide.
This role is the first point of contact for any HR queries.
The role works Monday to Friday, working 40 hours per week and we offer a competitive salary, 28 days holiday and a company pension scheme.
- Advise managers on all aspects of organisational change, including TUPE and restructures
- Provide professional advice at formal hearings, meetings and appeals to managers and ensure compliance with best practice and employment legislation
- Contribute to, and as appropriate lead on, the development of robust HR policies which meet both the changing and diverse needs of the Business, as well as legislative developments
- Provide high quality professional advice to managers and employees
- Advising managers on employment matters including interpretation of legislation, company policies and their application
- Maintaining good employee relations and, where necessary, support and advise on investigations/disciplinary/grievance and other HR Meetings and prepare relevant documentation as needed.
- Undertake and assist with HR projects as and when requested
- General Human Resources administration, including the production of both standard and ad hoc correspondence, along with formal communications
- Update and maintenance of the electronic system/s
- Learning and Development activities, including training of line managers and colleagues
- Organising any HR related events i.e. recruitment open days and training events
- Develop and deliver training to managers on all employment policies and procedures
- Liaising with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure all sites are completing inductions in line with process.
- Maintain accurate records and statistical information Check HR Email/post
- Ensure that the company is legally compliant with all current HR legislation and GDPR compliant
- To participate and assist in the development and implementation of HR policies and procedures, ensuring full compliance with employment law and training managers on the policies as required.
- Supporting sites with Absence management, ensuring company procedure is followed and supporting any long term absent issues.
- Advise staff of their family friendly rights and process accordingly.
- Support managers with flexible working requests.
- Attend meetings and take minutes as required.
- Support HR Team members with workload and development
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Previous HR experience, at least 3 years
- Have a sound knowledge of current employment law, policy and processes
- TUPE Knowledge and experience is essential
- CIPD qualified – Level 5 or above
- Excellent verbal and written communication and listening skills.
- Being polite and courteous.
- Ability to listen to and follow instructions.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- An excellent accuracy level is essential.
- Good numeracy and literacy.
- Have experience of HR systems including time and attendance
- Salary £25k-£28k dependant on experience
- Closing Date: Wednesday 15th July 2020
- Interview: W/C 20th July 2020