We currently have a vacancy for a Fleet Analyst at our Castle Donington site, working Monday to Friday 40 hours a week offering a competitive salary, 20 days holiday and a company pension scheme. Uniform is also provided.
Reporting directly to the National Fleet and Maintenance Manager
The Fleet Analyst is responsible for performing research and work for the Fleet and Maintenance team, particularly in areas of accident management/analysis, cost management, vehicle replacement and performance benchmarking. The role is also a support role for the Fleet Manager and National Fleet and Maintenance Manager, to assist with their daily workload, in relation to anything fleet related. Role also responsible for PCN’s and toll tag management. Communicates ideas and recommendations through verbal and written reports and organises data in a clear and structured way. Ability to present detailed analysis to senior stakeholders in the business, allowing informed decisions related to fleet.
- Ensure 100% compliance of all commercial vehicles, trailers, and company car fleet, in conjunction with fleet maintenance providers and site teams.
- Support fleet and maintenance team with workload.
- Support Fleet team to create business cases on fleet performance and ensure the right decisions are made in terms of the vehicle replacement programme.
- Main link to insurers and agency on accident damage claims.
- Simplify data from finance system across all service providers into simple visual reports, to allow for targeted trending and focus areas.
- Fleet maintenance analysis, to help fleet and ops team to make the right decisions in relation to fleet replacement and provide structured data to challenge service providers.
- Take part in structured regular reviews with service providers.
- Support research and data gathering to shape vehicle replacement programmes.
- Ensure 100% visibility of all fleet daily and notify our insurance providers of any changes.
- Audit tacho management system, to ensure all drivers are being recorded/managed correctly and any infringements are being dealt with by the sites.
- Produce a monthly WTD report for both driver and office, highlighting potential problematic areas.
- Ensure sites are checking all hire/leased vehicles/cars in and out for damage, with photographic evidence.
- Produce weekly accident spend analysis for sites to be able to manage trends and improvements. This is in conjunction with engineering out any regular damage issues in future fleet replacement programmes.
- Trend vehicle maintenance/damage spend areas, to support fleet team and sites with managing cost out of the business.
- Track DCPC compliance for own and agency colleagues.
- Responsible for the administration all road traffic, parking offences and PCN’s ensuring copies are kept along with delivery receipts and the offence database is accurate and up to date at all times.
- Update the London Lorry Control website with current vehicles.
- Update the Dartford Tunnel/QE2 Bridge register.
- Administer the Severn/Humber/Mersey tunnel tags and M6 toll tags.
- Ensure any vehicles stood down for later use, are SORN’d when applicable.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Excellent time management.
- At least 2 years’ experience in transport and fleet-based role.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and IT skills.
- Commercially astute.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to manage own projects.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Grade 1-2 / A-B GCSE in English/Maths.
- Willingness to undertake additional studies to support success within this role.
- Driven individual eager to progress and develop.
- Clean driving licence.
- Good negotiator with challenging nature.
- CPC holder preferable, along with in-depth knowledge EU and WTD regulations.
- Ability to work on own initiative.
- Knowledge of transport industry and vehicle engineering.