Moran Logistics are a dynamic and growing business within the chilled distribution arena who work with customers to provide tailor made, cost effective distribution solutions. As a business we are passionate about our customers and value our people, their importance and engagement in making our business a success.
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a qualified Financial Controller to join our Finance Team based at the Head office in Castle Donington.
Reporting to the Finance Director, this new role will focus on delivering efficient, controlled finance and admin services to the business and bring strong technical accounting, vat and fiscal knowledge to the team.
The ideal candidate will be proactive, be confident to challenge the status quo and will support the ongoing development of the finance system, Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance, which is due to go live at the end of March.
This is a hands-on role which will offer broad area of responsibility and be pivotal in the development of the finance function in Moran.
- Ensure the accuracy and robustness of data integrity within the finance system and reporting
- Produce all financial legislative, statutory and fiscal reports for the business including statutory accounts and vat returns
- Management of cashflow and accurate cashflow forecasting for next 12 months
- To ensure effective and efficient management of the company procure to pay process
- Ensure an accurate fixed asset register is maintained for all asset classes and funding methods in line with the business operation
- Support the production of the weekly and period management reporting packs for actuals, budgets and forecasts
- Liaise with and support third parties on any business or audit review
- Management of the finance team for area of responsibility
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Qualified accountant (CIMA/ACCA) with at least 3 years post qualification experience in a senior controlling finance role
- Strong knowledge of VAT, Accounting standards (FRS 102)
- Experience of working at a senior finance level in a highly geared SME
- Good knowledge of Corporation Tax and PAYE
- The business is currently implementing Microsoft Dynamics 365 Finance software therefore experience of this software would be an advantage
- Ability to apply effective financial controls and procedures whilst maintaining business agility
- Confident, with an enthusiastic personality and a right first time approach
- Proactive and practical attitude to continuous improvement within the back office environment
- Mentoring approach to staff management and development