We are currently looking for a De-Brief Clerk, working 4 on 4 off, day shift pattern, offering a competitive salary, 20 days holiday and a company pension scheme. Uniform is also provided.
The role of Transport De-Brief Clerk is to ensure the drivers are fully briefed on their run and have the necessary paperwork and to provide administration support to the transport office.
• To maintain a high level of system housekeeping.
• To work efficiently to agreed timescales.
• To organise, manage all paperwork and file for auditing purposes.
• To enter all necessary data on to the in-house computer system.
• To communicate with customers via telephone and/or e-mail.
• To share the responsibility for data-entry along with other members of the department.
• Providing support to the Transport Shift Managers and Transport Manager and Deputy, and Warehouse teams as required.
• To complete a ‘track and trace’ process using the internal systems.
• To carry out the despatch process including preparing despatch notes using the company’s in-house system.
• To prepare all necessary paperwork for a variety of external and internal hauliers.
• To provide an excellent level of service to all internal and external customers.
• Other duties which may be reasonably required from time to time by company managers, including delegated duties during the absence of colleagues.
• Responsibility for the POD (proof of delivery) process, ensuring all POD’s are processed and managed in line with company procedures and sent to the relevant department.
• Working with the fleet department to ensure defects are logged, servicing schedules are meet and fleet issues are escalated as required.
• To challenge drivers on excessive hours / breaks / POA and kilometers.
• To keep accurate records of any tachograph infringements and driving license checks.
• To carry out general office duties.
• Ensure all Moran’s vehicles returning to site are checked against the outbound check sheet and any changes to the condition of the vehicle or any concerns raised by the driver are recorded and reported to the Transport Shift Managers (or deputy Transport Manager or Transport Manager in their absence).
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures, to include the company dress code policy, standards of performance policy and health and safety policy.
• To set up drivers’ records for new starters to keep licence information.
• Responsible for ensuring all drivers receive the correct paperwork and are fully briefed at the start and end of their run, in line with company procedures and legal requirements.
• Ensure all documentation on debrief is filled out correctly and is in line with company SOP.
• Ensuring Microlise and TMS are managed and monitored, making sure all information is present and correct and there is full compliance to any regulations.
• Accurately recording drivers’ hours, including agency drivers, ensuring adherence to their run times stated on their paperwork. Reporting any anomalies directly to the Transport Shift Managers.
• To accurately record all holidays, sickness and any other absence and ensuring the necessary records and rotas are always up to date.
• Any other ad-hoc duties as and when required.
• Ensure that repair agents fill out a permit to work on arrival on site.
• Set up new staff onto the finger-print clocking in system and inform payroll of the respective details
• Monitoring security CCTV to ensure only authorised personnel enter the site and any guests are logged on the visitor log and reporting anything as required to the Transport Shift Managers.
• Ensuring any damage to the car park, fuel island, or turnstile is reported to the Transport Shift Managers.
• Supervise and monitor supplier vehicles in and out of the premises ensuring any damage is logged on the correct form and this is passed to the Transport shift managers or Transport Manager (Deputy Transport manager in the absence of the Transport Manager).
• Check supplier delivery notes against actual delivered goods received and complete the plan versus actual booking in sheet daily.
• Ensure all external haulers are aware of the site rules and are provided with a copy of the Site rules and site driver rules and complete the sign off process. Also, to ensure they know where to report to onsite and where the amenities are.
• Liaise with both the transport and warehouse departments to advise all inbound supplier loads as they arrive onsite.
• Ensure the yard area and entrance is kept clean, tidy and safe at all times and ensure that goods are maintained appropriately.
You must have:
• Excellent verbal communication and listening skills.
• Integrity and professionalism
• Able to work with minimum supervision.
• Display a positive “can do” attitude.
• Time management skills are essential.
• Ability to listen to and follow instructions.
• Ability to work to deadlines.
• Ability to remain calm under pressure.
• A good level of accuracy is essential.
• Ability to work alone or as part of a team as required.
• Good working knowledge of Outlook, Word and Excel.
• Have a working knowledge of Transport Legislation / WTD / Drivers hours.
• Good numeracy and literacy.
• Being polite and courteous.
- Days: 06:00 – 18:00
- 3 Month Temporary