Moran Logistics are looking for an experienced Commercial Director to join us at our Head Office in Castle Donington. The successful candidate will be part of the senior Management team reporting directly to the Managing Director. As a Commercial Director you will add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing marketing efforts. You will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to upper management.
The goal is to promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth.
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.).
- Take responsibility for key customer relationships to deliver pro-active management, secure contract renewals and deliver against financial expectations.
- To acquire new customers via a strategic pipeline, leading team to deliver against agreed growth targets.
- Lead and develop teams (sales, account management and customer service) to exceed agreed key performance indicators.
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management team.
- Own the tender response process for all customer related commercial opportunities.
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders.
- Assist in setting financial targets, budget development and results monitoring.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- Proven experience as Commercial Director or other relevantcommercial role – this is a senior position reporting to the MD.
- Proven experience in delivering growth in sales, managing relationships with key clients and leading a team to deliver against agreed targets.
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes.
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mind-set.
- Knowledge, understanding and practical application of cost models to deliver a consistent approach and ensure agreed profitability targets are achieved.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
- National role with UK wide travel to sites.
- At least 2 years experience of Logistics and Warehousing