Moran Logistics are looking for an experienced Commercial Director to join us at our Head Office in Castle Donington. The successful candidate will be part of the senior Management team reporting directly to the Managing Director. As a Commercial Director you will add value to our growth activities by identifying new commercial opportunities and managing marketing efforts. You will keep abreast of trends and market conditions to provide strategic advice to upper management.
The goal is to promote and expand the company’s commercial activity that will generate revenues and lead to sustainable growth.
- Develop and implement commercial strategies according to company goals and objectives aiming to accelerate growth
- Conduct market research and analysis to create detailed business plans on commercial opportunities (expansion, business development etc.)
- Understand the requirements of existing customers to ensure their needs are being met
- Act to acquire new customers and manage client relationships (new and existing)
- Collaborate with and coordinate diverse teams (marketing, sales, customer service etc.)
- Build and maintain profitable partnerships with key stakeholders
- Monitor performance of commercial activities using key metrics and prepare reports for senior management team
- Assist in setting financial targets and budget development and monitoring
Commercial Director Skills and Qualifications Required:
- Proven experience as commercial director or other relevant role
- Proven experience in sales and/or marketing and managing relationships with key clients
- In-depth understanding of market research methods and analysis
- Solid knowledge of performance reporting and financial/budgeting processes
- Commercial awareness partnered with a strategic mind-set
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities
- Deliver sales strategies for the team and for the development of the company
- UK wide travel to sites
- Attend board and sales meetings
- Ensure existing accounts developed to maximum potential
- Provide the Senior team with market feedback and solution
- Maximise new business development opportunities and drive the business
- Lead the sales and commercial team
- Stable business experiencing further growth.
- Company Car and a package that is commensurate with experience level.