We currently have a vacancy for a Business Development Manager to join our commercial team to support the ambitious growth strategy of the organisation. This role will report directly to the Commercial Director. For the right individual we offer a very competitive package, 28 days holiday (including the 8 recognised bank holidays), a company car allowance and a company pension scheme.
This role is responsible for the identification, development and management of client business in a challenging, dynamic and competitive market. The acquisition of new business is a primary part of this role in line with and agreed growth strategy.
- Identify new business opportunities to increase revenue for Moran Logistics in line with agreed commercial ambitions.
- Build and maintain an active sales pipeline to close new business at or above agreed annual targets.
- Use effective networking strategies to proactively prospect, grow and nurture potential new clients.
- Plan, build and deliver presentations and proposals to a professional standard.
- Work within the commercial team to develop new solutions for prospect customers that are both efficient and cost effective within the marketplace.
- Project manage new business initiatives and implementations, working with key customer contacts and Moran Logistics operational teams.
- Plan and execute sales and marketing activities to increase revenue and grow the customer base of the Logistics business.
- Work closely with the marketing manager to increase brand awareness via multiple platforms.
- Attend exhibitions and trade shows to showcase Moran Logistics capabilities where required.
- Identify emerging markets and industry trends whilst being fully aware of new products and competitor landscapes.
- Provide management information and direction to the business as required to drive customer service improvements whilst maintaining and improving costs.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with all key stakeholders.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, EXPERIENCE
- At least 2 years’ experience within a Logistics sales environment.
- Strong understanding of the logistics market, experience of hitting revenue targets, with a creative approach to new business.
- Proven ability in developing networks with key stakeholders in prospect organisations.
- Consultative approach, with the ability to negotiate and close business deals.
- Computer literate in office applications including Word, Excel, Powerpoint and Outlook.
- Ability to demonstrate excellent customer service approach and evidence of strong relationships with customers.
- Strong influencing and negotiating skills.
- Strong process-oriented mentality and an eye for detail.
- Able to prioritise workload and proven ability to deliver on objectives.
- Must be flexible to travel.