We are recruiting a 2nd Line IT Support Engineer to support the business as it continues to grow and take on more customers and a wider reach. Reporting to the IT Manager, you will cover the afternoon shift (14:00 – 22:00 Mon-Fri) and be responsible for managing and maintaining server and network infrastructure as well as handling more in-depth support issues and those which have been escalated by the 1st line engineers.
There will also be an element of project work as the business continues to grow and change and new IT requirements come to light.
Weekend on-call cover will be required and will be on a two-week alternating rota.
- Full clean UK driving license (Use of company pool car will be required to travel to remote sites)
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a 2nd line IT role
- Experience provisioning and supporting Windows servers (Min 3 yrs)
- Exchange Server experience (Min 3 yrs)
- Active Directory experience (Min 3yrs)
- Group Policy experience (Min 3yrs)
- Networking experience (Min 3 yrs)
- Mobile device management experience (iOS and Android)
- Experience implementing and maintaining backup solutions
- Experience supporting Hyper-V Failover Clusters
- Experience supporting Office 365
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work to extremely tight deadlines
- Ability to analyse issues and report on root causes
- Experience supporting logistics-specific IT systems such as transport management systems and warehouse management systems.
- Relevant Microsoft qualifications
- Relevant networking qualifications
Reporting to: IT Manager
Based at: Castle Donington with travel to other sites when required
Afternoon (Mon – Fri, 14:00 – 22:00)